Write-up about recording of marriage under Tripura Recording of Marriage Act, 2003
According to the Tripura Recording of Marriage Act, 2003 all marriages solemnized on or after or before the commencement of Tripura Recording of Marriage Act, 2003 shall be compulsorily recorded in the Marriage Register to be maintained in Form-1 by the Marriage Recorder.
Procedure of Marriage Recording
- Either of the spouses or their parents/guardian shall inform about his or her marriage to any of the designated authorities in his or her area within 60 days from the date of his/ her marriage in a Memorandum in Form-A as appended to the Tripura Recording of Marriage Act, 2003.
- If either of the spouses or parents/ guardian fails to intimate the marriage to the competent Marriage Recorder as per the procedure prescribed above, there shall be a penalty of Rs. 100.00 to be paid by either of the spouses or parents/ guardian.
- The concerned Sub-Divisional Marriage Recorder shall obtain the duly filled in Memorandum in prescribed Form-A from either of the spouses or parents/ guardian immediately on receipt of the receipted copy of challan of penalty deposit and arrange recording of marriage.
- The concerned Marriage Recorder/ Marriage Reporter on receipt of Memorandum in Form-A shall issue acknowledgement in Form-B at the time of receipt of such Memorandum.
- The Marriage Recorder shall enter the particulars of the Memorandum of marriage in Marriage Recording Register after causing enquiry and ascertaining the correctness of the information as contained in the Memorandum. The recording of marriage must be done within 15 days from the date of submission of Memorandum in Form-A.
- The Marriage Recorder on recording the entries in the marriage register (in Form-1) regarding any marriage shall issue a certificate in Form-C to either of the parties to the marriage on payment of Rs. 10.00 only.